Saturday 14 May 2016

Traveling Light

Alright I have a confession to make. I have been having a little obsessional time about Ireland. I am adamant to make a trip there in the near future but have currently made absolutely zero plans or bought tickets or anything! People ask me why I want to go and it's because I find the history really very interesting. So varied and distinct! I'm also somewhat intrigued by the language itself - it looks nothing like how it sounds (because it's a different language duh!) and it seems cool to know. So I did borrow a teach yourself book but did not make it paste the pronunciation page. It is definitely challenging.

But I digress, as well as the history the natural landscapes are of course something to behold. AND it also is packed full of the arts and culture with many festivals and literary sights to see. It is pretty darn cool that they have Bloomsday to celebrate James Joyce's novel Ulysses  (yes I have to read that soon). It's just an all round cool place okay! 

But this has led me to start reading all of these travel guides and books which seems a little preemptive but hey, a girl can dream can't she. 

And this has no relation at all to my love of Branson from Downton Abbey... no of course not! Traveling Light is also the name of an Oh Pep! song :)

But why do I say this? Because if you want to be inspired or need a bit of a push to get you started on your next holiday, why not pop in and see where our travel books can take you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment