Saturday 20 June 2015

The Last Strawberry

I have a weird friend. It seems that whenever she enters a competition, she'll win! In the past two month I'd say at least 3 free passes to films and events. It's incredible really because whenever I enter anything it seems very far from victory. So I thought I'd brainstorm some tips to winning tickets.

1. Scour publications for competitions. These may be from newspapers, websites or even from books! Keep your eyes peeled in store for comps with your brilliant new book.

2. The second is to enter them. This sounds obvious but probably why I don't win anything. It seems crazy how many tickets she wins but I suppose overall the hit rate is quite small. The official stats come out as approximately 10 applications per month! 

3. Don't be disheartened if you don't win the first, second or tenth time. IT WILL HAPPEN!! What if you stop just before the competition you could have won? As demonstrated (vaguely) in this film script:

Do you want the last strawberry?

  
Hmm...

  
Come on. This might very well be the
best strawberry in the whole world,
you wouldn't know
because you're not gonna eat it.

  
Fine, then.

  
Mmm!

  
You were right.
 

By the way, this is from High School Musical 3. Hard hitting psychological stuff. I actually do love this movie though. 
It's gotten  me through my studies. 

And final tip form the master (not me): Be a nice person and ask your friends along when you win!


No comments:

Post a Comment