Wednesday 4 March 2015

So I'm Looking for this Book that has...Obsessive Hobbies

Excellent! This is the second edition of our new segment 'So I'm looking for this book that has...' and while they are all very specific, this weeks one is a collection of about as specific you can get! 
So let's get started then...



How to Design a Chair by the Design Museum
Now this is for the true chair connoisseur or aficionado if you prefer. Covering some of the most beautiful modern chair designs, How to Design a Chair will have you scouring the internet for an awesome vintage find. I know my mother already is...


Garlic by Penny Woodward
Apparently it can deter vampires, make your breath smell and evoke the French countryside: is there anything that garlic can't do? Well now you can know for sure in Garlic! Whether you like to cook it, grow it or just look at it, this book is sure to bring your level of obsession to a whole new level...





Brick edited by William Hall
First off, THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOKS EVER! AND IT SMELLS NICE! (refer to previous post) AND! The front cover dust jacket is embossed WITH THE PATTERN OF BRICKS! Forgive me if I can hardly contain myself but this book is packed full of stunning brick buildings from around the world. Never again will bricks be seen as boring. Is this my new obsession? Probably yes.

And finally..





BEER: A gauge for enthusiasts by Greg Duncan Powell
Well yes, I'm afraid to say that this is the way that we will end today's post. If I were a birdwatcher, this would be my book to identify birds. Similarly, if I liked beers this would be my book to identify beers. Both local and international beers, the book also tells you what the beer is best served with and when...'sipping by open fires I believe'.

If you have a specific compulsion, let us know! Maybe someone's written a book about it...



No comments:

Post a Comment