Saturday 21 February 2015

To have and to hold (but not necessarily to read)

Yes, I will admit it.  I judge books by their covers. I also start many at a time and don't always finish them. I have at least stopped dog earing my corners but there is worse news.

It has come to my attention that I have the weird habit of borrowing books (because they look amazing) and then never reading them. It's strange though because until i have them in my house, I have an uncontrollable need to buy them. While I am fully supportive of buying books forever, having them in my house, room, shelf seems to quench my thirst for the said paper. It's like a bandaid if you will. Or nicotine patch but not. It is something that I can't explain. 


More Than This by Patrick Ness was one of these once. The striking colours, the larger format and not to mention the cut out to the yellow page behind. Not to say that the book was boring - in fact it sounds very interesting (albeit not my usual genre). I wanted it at once! However, once it was sitting nicely on my shelf (floor), my feelings were absolved. Seriously speaking, it's not a very serious subject.

Does anyone feel me though? Anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment