Saturday 16 January 2016

The Struggle of the People

At last I have come across the struggle of the people (I joke) and that is, how do people come into the shop everyday and decide what to buy?! We literally have hundreds of books in stock! And I'm not tooting our own horn here - although sometimes it's a bit of a struggle to find space to stash them.

The dilemma is this: there are so many books to buy on my list but when I actually have the money/voucher to buy it, the decision seems to stammer a little bit. Suddenly all that rational flies out to who knows where when you have the cold hard cash (okay, paper) in your hand. THen you're torn - do I want this book because it's just SO PRETTY or do I want this one which I'll actually read? Personally, I don't really buy fiction books anymore because collecting hardbacks is a pretty valid and fulfilling past time. To tell you the truth I'm a little concerned that my shelf won't be able to hold up the weight of my books anymore and my future kids better appreciate good books when they see them too.

So anyway, here I stand, scouring the shelves, looking online for titles that I've never heard of before but are EXACTLY what I want (before I even know). So I applaud you, bookshop goers for you have a difficult task at hand choosing your books. I mean after all, it's not like this is the only book you're ever going to buy, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment